The MSNA Social Committee is promoting another new event; the MSNA Coffee Club. If you are:
- working from home,
- a stay-at-home parent,
- currently unemployed,
- on vacation,
- or just find yourself free next Wednesday
we invite you to attend the kick-off of the MSNA Coffee Club. No reservation is needed so just drop by the clubhouse around 10am next Wednesday, April 9 and grab a cup of joe with some of your neighbors. The event is being organized by Pam Curry who has promised to bring some homemade treats to this first gathering. We would like to have this gathering become a regular event so if this is something that interests you, make sure you attend next Wednesday.
Are you ready for spring? Have you been glancing through gardening magazines and dreaming of warm summer days? The MSNA Social Committee would like to invite you to hear a presentation on Growing Kentucky Ornamentals. This lecture is the beginning of our new Saturday Morning schedule where neighbors gather to learn, teach, and share.
What: Growing Kentucky Ornamentals in your yard
Presented by: Diana Nave, Master Gardener from Fayette County Extension Office
When: April 19, 2014 at 10am
In connection with Earth Day and the MSNA Gardening presentation, a group of neighbors are getting together to clean up and add seedlings, wildflowers and native grasses along the Masterson Trail. If you are interested in helping out, please meet the group around 8am on April 19 at the trail head – near the intersection of Trailside Drive and Masterson Station Drive. LFUCG parks department will be supplying plants. We think they will also be supplying gloves but you might want to bring your own. Volunteers are also asked to bring trash grabbers (if you have one), small shovels, rakes, or other planting tools. The group will take a break at 10am to participate in the Gardening Presentation at the clubhouse.
This is a great opportunity for parents and teenagers to help spruce up one of our neighborhood’s public areas. For questions about the trail cleanup, please contact:
If you have questions about the gardening presentation, please contact:Lori Hindenlang at firstname.lastname@example.org
A recap of the information shared and discussed at the March 2014 Association meeting is listed below;
- Treasurer’s Report
- Financial reports thru February 2014 were given to those in attendance
- New Business
- Jim Baker from New South Properties & Kent Kalmey from Magnolia Springs were introduced and presented information concerning the assisted living facility being proposed near the Citation Road expansion. The facility will have around 90 rental units consisting of studio and one bedroom apartments. This new building will be part of a family owned, not-for-profit company with assisted living facilities in the Louisville area. A copy of the land plot and pictures of the Louisville facility are available in the MSNA office for review.
- MSNA Board of Directors election will be held in September. There are seven seats that serve for 2 year terms. Anyone interested is encouraged to either contact the property manager or a Board member before August 1, 2014.
- The neighborhood applied for and was given a matching grant by the city to construct a fence around the playground on Lucille Dr. This fence will have to be completed before March 2015.
- Pool membership drive will be April 26-28 at the clubhouse. The Masterson Manta Ray swim team has reached, almost, 100 participants and have a busy schedule in 2014.
- Neighborhood Yard Sale will be May 17, 2014 starting at 8am.
- The Social Committee will be showing “42″ at the clubhouse on March 22, 2014. A list of other planned events were handed out at the meeting. They are listed on the on-line calendar.
- Open Discussion
- Several items were discussed including noise ordinances, dune buggies in the park, the Association support local schools and a homeowner asked for assistance in cleaning up the creek area between Trailside Drive & Summerfield Drive.
- Second District Council Candidates
- Each candidate was given 5 minutes to introduce themselves. Afterwards, they took questions from the floor.