The 2014 Association Election is being held electronically. All members of the Association will be receiving postcards. The postcard’s mailing label will have a number above the owner’s name. This number is your registration number and will be needed in order to login to the website and place your vote. Website registration will be required in order to vote. Your registration information, including your e-mail address, will not be used in any way beyond this voting, but it is necessary.
If you’d prefer to receive a paper ballot, please contact the management office at 246-0911 or e-mail.
The online voting will open September 5th @ midnight. Online voting will conclude on September 16th, 2014 at 7pm. You will be able to cast your paper ballot at the Annual Association meeting on September 16th, 2014 until 7:30pm. For this election we have seven homeowners running for seven Board positions. We have five returning Board members and two new candidates. Information about these seven candidates can be found here & on the voting website.
For those of you who own more than one property in the neighborhood, your vote will be weighted in order to match the number of properties that you own. One vote will reflect all of your properties.
If there is a Homeowner who wishes to run for the Board and you aren’t on the ballot, per our by-laws, you are allowed to be nominated from the floor at the Annual meeting of the Association.
We hope everyone will participate in the election.
The on-line voting is being hosted by a third party provider.
The Masterson Station Fall Yard Sale will be September 20th, 2014. The sale will begin at 8am.
A recap of the information shared and discussed at the June 2014 Association meeting is listed below;
•Treasurer’s Report thru May 2014 was given to those in attendance
- The term for the current MSNA Board concludes this September. Jeff asked for volunteers to serve on the nominating committee along with two board members. If any homeowner is interested in running for the board or serving on the nominating committee, please submit your name and contact information to our property manager at email@example.com. The deadline to submit your name for the board election is August 1, 2014.
- Social Committee Events;
July 12th is the next Dive-in Movie and Free Swim. The movie is Frozen – the sing-a-long version.
On weekly basis, the Coffee Chat group meets in the clubhouse on Wednesdays at 10am. All are invited to attend.
- Bathrooms for the Masterson Station Park playground will begin construction in October.
- Tony McGaha from the KY Transportation Cabinet gave a brief status overview of the Leestown Road and Citation Blvd. expansion project. The items discussed included;
The project is targeted to be finished by the end of 2015. This is dependent on some AT&T fiber optic cable being re-located.
Citation will meet Leestown just west of Alexandria Drive. As Citation crosses Leestown it will 4 lanes to Trailwood. Alexandria Drive will become an access road for AT&T. Once Citation connects with Alexandria, it will narrow to two lanes to cross the railroad tracks.
The widening of New Circle Road from Versailles Road to Georgetown Road will begin in 2015. The Versailles Road and Frankfort Pike interchanges will be modified with new bridges and longer entrance ramps. The Leestown diamond interchange has been removed from the project for lack of funding.
The Bluegrass Fair will cause additional traffic on Leestown in July. There is currently no plan in place to handle the additional congestion.
- Recent incidents of neighborhood vandalism was brought up. It was noted that these type of situations always increase when school lets out. Based on an incident that took place on Eminent Drive, increased police patrols have been added.
- It was also mentioned that a Neighborhood Watch Captain position is still open.